THE HILLIARD SOCIETY OF MINIATURISTS DATA PROTECTION POLICY
The Hilliard Society values the trust of our members, supporters and those who visit our exhibitions and website. We are committed to protecting the personal data you share with us and take all possible steps to ensure that this information is held and stored securely. We adhere to strict guidelines which cover the use and storage of this data and will never share your personal information with any third party without your express permission.
Our Data Controller is our Executive Secretary, Susanna Watson who can be contacted by email on firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone: 07582 019359.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect this information in a number of ways:
- If you contact us to request information regarding our exhibitions, membership, workshops or the Mini Masters Educational Project or for such things as commission enquiries or regarding the purchase of work from our online exhibition.
- If you visit our annual exhibition and ask to be added to our mailing list.
- If you buy a painting through us.
- If you become a member or exhibit with us as a non- member.
THE TYPE OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We only collect information that will allow us to provide you with the services which you have requested or which may be relevant or of interest to you. This may include such things as advising you of exhibition dates and arrangements, providing exhibition entry forms, providing copies of our newsletter, advising you of possible commissions, and enquiring into the availability of artworks which are or have been displayed in our online exhibition.
Information we hold may include:
- Your full name and title/s
- List of the art societies of which you are a member
- Email address
- Contact phone number/s
- Postal address
We process debit/credit card payments via World Pay and online payments using Paypal. We do not keep any card detail. If you provide us with your bank details so that we can make an online payment to you, these will be kept by our bank in a list of payees.
- Webserver logs and security - When you visit the Hilliard Society website information about your device, operating system, browser and IP address are automatically saved. This serves a number of purposes, including helping to keep the website secure and to diagnose any problems which might arise.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR DATA
The Hilliard Society is committed to protecting your data and will regularly review the security we have in place. We will always adopt the most stringent measures ensuring that all of our security is up to date. We will always implement any changes which may be recommended or deemed necessary.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The information we hold enables us to contact you regarding a service you may have requested, an enquiry you may have made, it may be used to send you invitations and updates and to inform you of any changes to our contact details or anything else which may be pertinent or of interest to you. Your personal data will never be shared with any third party without your express permission.
You can contact the Executive Secretary, either by email or phone, to request details of the personal information we have on file or to update that information or advise on contact preferences. At any time you have the right to ask that we amend or stop using your personal information or that all information, other than that financial information which we are legally required to retain, be deleted from our systems.
REVIEWS AND UPDATES
This policy will be reviewed periodically and changes made to ensure that it meets standards of best practice and current legislation.